Software Quality Assurance Analyst (QA)
Direct hire opportunity for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join the team. Ideal candidate will have a keen analytical mindset and experience with functional testing on back-end applications.
Currently seeking an individual with experience producing robust system test cases that are timely, detailed, and mapped to functional requirements. The candidate will be focused on functional and integration testing and managing defect tracking spreadsheets throughout the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC). This person will be motivated to work with business analysts and developers to ensure all requirement related deliverables are clearly understood and necessary testing is completed to ensure such requirements were met.
- Work with business analysts to gather business and functional requirements, and transfer the business and functional requirements into scalable, robust, and reusable test plans
- Work with development team to establish standards, processes and procedures in the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies, standards and work with IT management to ensure processes are repeatable and efficient
- Willingness and aptitude for working with various new infrastructure technologies as needs arise.
- Review existing company technical documentation to ensure consistent professional results that can be utilized by other team members. Document application behaviors, results and issues where lacking.
- Create testing methodologies that satisfy business and development requirements for new technology and applications.
- SoapUI to test back-end distributed applications, experience strongly preferred
- Experience in test plan and test case creation preferred
- Experience in software development lifecycle including defect resolution process strongly preferred
- Testing software technologies and standards such as SOAP and REST based web services, experience strongly preferred
- Experience in creating automated test cases through the use of dynamic scripting languages such as Groovy is preferred
- Experience with SeleniumIDE/WebDriver to test front-end web based applications strongly preferred
- Solid technical skills with an ability to design & implement testing tools, scripts & frameworks for automated testing of web services
- Candidates should have proven analytical ability and strong communication skills including proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Self-motivated and capable of working in a dynamic environment
- Out of the box thinker