MS SQL Database Administrator
Open Dealer Exchange has a direct hire opportunity for a MS SQL DBA to join their team. ODE is looking for someone with broad database knowledge and experience. The position will require someone with the following knowledge and skills:
- Creation, configuration, update, and dropping of databases and data structures and schemas with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 and 2014.
- Defining security and integrity checks
- Developing, integrating, and maintaining procedures for efficient database and data backup, recovery, and restoration based on program provided application requirements including but not limited to always-on and availability groups.
- Monitoring and adjusting database size against performance and storage capacity
- Optimization and performance tuning for queries, indexes, procedures, scripts, and caches to improve database response/retrieval time and data loading efficiency
- Developing procedures to extract, transform, and load data among databases
- Loading and migrating data
- Implementing updates and fixes
- Performance tuning and optimization
The role of the DBA is to proactively maintain the databases across multiple locations to ensure high availability of mission critical applications. Ability to efficiently resolve issues is critical.
- Work with the Infrastructure Team Members to maintain high service levels across the company.
- Work within the Application Development team to deliver business critical projects and maintain high service levels
- Provide Root Cause Analysis for any SQL related issues as needed
- Install, upgrade, and apply maintenance and patches as needed
- Monitor and maintain existing database infrastructure
- Perform database loads and unloads/refreshes
- Work with internal and external infrastructure engineers to maintain mission critical services and applications.
Minimum of 2 years experience with database administration with SQL Server
Desired Skills and Experience (not required):
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or computer science or related experience.
- Azure SQL managed instances
- JBoss/IBM WebSphere experience
- Microsoft IIS/ Apache Web Server experience
- DB2 Server experience
- Familiarity with Linux OS and the Linux Command Line.